Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap PC to run minecraft and photoshop

Options
  • 28-06-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Ok, PC world has like 15 year old pc's, or 10 billion for an ok one, buying off avert you dont know how old/ how long it will last.

So im considering building one, "for a relative", shes looking for cheap and charful lol.

So show me how cheap you can get the parts to try and build one.
    minecrft is played with mods, so i would say, higher then recommend on the graphics.

I got to about 499 pounds on amazon for a reasonable build, didnt have the time to make sure all would fit perfectly lol.

I was going to try some of the sites listewd in the forum, but the ones i clicked on were down/gone.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i3 6100 €120
    16gb DDR4 €80
    B150 board €60
    Case €40
    400w PSU €50
    240gb SSD €75
    1tb HDD €50
    €125 left for a GPU, not sure how AMDs new offering are going to preform at that price range so wait a few weeks for benches.

Should max out budget in Amazon or mindfactory.de

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

i3 6100 €120
    16gb DDR4 €80
    B150 board €60
    Case €40
    400w PSU €50
    240gb SSD €75
    1tb HDD €50
    €125 left for a GPU, not sure how AMDs new offering are going to preform at that price range so wait a few weeks for benches.

Should max out budget in Amazon or mindfactory.de

It's minecraft gonna need a gtx 1080 minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ah sthop I'm giving them hope.

More so a bitta VRAM for photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Drop to 8Gb RAM (single stick) & you have another €40 for the GPU (more important IMHO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

OP, will your relative be using "cheap & cheerful" Photoshop: Photoshop Elements or is it the fully fledged version?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It's minecraft gonna need a gtx 1080 minimum.

Modded minecraft: needs an i7 as well :pac:

Advertisement