Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave my job to go to college?

Options
  • 28-06-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi, I'm 19 and have been working for about 5-6 months. But I really want to go to college and study about first aid and all things that kind and fire fighting as I want to become a firefighter in the coming years. Just wondering if I was to leave work and join a college, how would the payment work etc? Could I get a grant to join a college or would I have to pay for it? I live in the Wicklow area. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Moved from LC

Mccabe, if your eventual goal is something like fire-fighting, you might want to have a browse in the Emergency Services forum as well, as there should be discussion there about what training and qualifications are necessary for a role like that, you might also find some people talking about their own experiences of going that route.

Advertisement