Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose my laptop by today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Don't buy laptops from HN or Powercity. Terrible value for money. Buy online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Don't buy from HN. Terrible value for money. Buy online.

If I had time I would have ordered a Thinkpad13 from Lenovo but unfortunately I leave tomorrow. So need to purchase by then.

Would you recommend any of the listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

If I had time I would have ordered a Thinkpad13 from Lenovo but unfortunately I leave tomorrow. So need to purchase by then.

Would you recommend any of the listed?

I see.

The last one is the best spec for the money.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Why all toshiba? I wouldn't be a big fan of them these days...

Why all toshiba? I wouldn't be a big fan of them these days...

Just going by specs. I know nothing about laptops. What would you reccommend?

budget = less than €600
    • Will be doing some small video editing.
    • Fast computer, no lag.
    • Good screen for watching media.
    • Bluetooth
    • HDMI
    • Reliable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Before you leave for where. Why do you need this right away.

London.
    I'm away for a year.
    Need it for work.
    Last minute I know but something else fell through.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Good processor i5 5th generation, 1080p screen, 8GB RAM. The problem with this being that the battery doesn't seem to be too fantastic. I'd say this feels like a pretty cheap laptop though, it's far from sleek.

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/asus-x555la-156-laptop-black/328581/396.0.0

Asus is a good brand, I've had one of their laptops for a long time and they have nice low/mid range laptops.

Advertisement