Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small monitor

Options
  • 28-06-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the title says - looking for a monitor 10-12 inches with a HDMI connection preferably and VESA mountable. Its just something I want on my side desk for checking if systems boot. I am limited on space hence the size and I wont be using it for anything else.

I see a good few on amazon around this size for security cameras but they are all around €100 mark

Just wondering if anyone knows of something cheaper i am missing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Eoinmc97 wrote: »

1440p, g sync and curved :P

No resolution doesn't matter. I was hoping I could get something under €50 at least but that one in the link seems to be about the average price.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Have a look for screens like this

It's a small screen for a Raspberry Pi / DIY tablets etc.
    This one's prob not the best for your needs as it has touchscreen but you can get others that don't. They come in different sizes etc.

Wanted to give you the idea, so if you look in that general area you might get what fits your needs.

(P.S. Nice post count, ya divil ya.)

Mickalus wrote: »
    Have a look for screens like this

It's a small screen for a Raspberry Pi / DIY tablets etc.
    This one's prob not the best for your needs as it has touchscreen but you can get others that don't. They come in different sizes etc.

Wanted to give you the idea, so if you look in that general area you might get what fits your needs.

(P.S. Nice post count, ya divil ya.)

Ya I was looking at them also actually thanks. Not really an out of the box option though. Most seem to be touch screen also.

Think I have settled on this one if anyone is interested. Shipped from Germany so should be no issue with customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

That's pretty nice. Hope it goes well for you. I invested in one of those laptop screen testing controllers a while back. If I ever need a second monitor, I can just grab an old laptop screen and attempt to get it working. Cost around 50-60€ to get, and it can be a bit finicky, and there are wires everywhere. Can't recommend it unless you really like DIY stuff :D

Advertisement