Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trichotillomania

Options
  • 28-06-2016 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So my little girl (4) has trichotillomania and I really want to help her. Does anyone know who can help? Have anyone gone to a therapy coach or similar for help?

I haven't had any luck figuring out the trigger behind this so I'm hoping a professional would have more luck.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hello, just wondering if you ever got feedback on your post? I too have a daughter with trich.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Hi! Nope - no one else has spoken to me about this. Just before Christmas she asked to get her hair cut short - its a short pixie cut now. She doesn't seem to play with her hair as much so that might have removed the trigger for her. I'll be keeping an eye on her for any changes but for now she's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hello I'm also a mum of a girl with trich. How old is your daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MacMG

Lelechim wrote: »
    Hello, just wondering if you ever got feedback on your post? I too have a daughter with trich.

Hello , is your daughter still suffering? I've a daughter that pulls also. What age is yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MacMG

nicowa wrote: »
    Hi! Nope - no one else has spoken to me about this. Just before Christmas she asked to get her hair cut short - its a short pixie cut now. She doesn't seem to play with her hair as much so that might have removed the trigger for her. I'll be keeping an eye on her for any changes but for now she's ok.
    Hello, how is your daughter doing? I've a daughter with trich, she's older than your little girl , I hope your little princess has left it all behind her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement