Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Basic Voip Advice needed - small business

• 27-06-2016 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi, our small company (just 2 employees) are looking at what voip might have to offer us.
    Current setup is:
    Employee 1 (main employee)
    Vodafone Biz package on mobile (no landline in office). Free unlimited calls any network, no issues with that. Incl is a virtual landline which simply diverts to the mobile (doenst incur any connection or per min fee for this service).
    Employee 2 (part time - new)
    No phone what so ever.
    Objective is to have a solution that allows her answer an "office phone" when shes in the office.
    So my thinking is, get a Voip phone, and get a voip service provider. But I have absolutely no clue what so ever. Im not tech stupid, but ill be honest this Voip thing has already killed several brain cells.
    90% of what I want it for is simply to be able to take office calls by other employee, and make very occasional calls only, such is the nature of our business.
    Dont mind if we have to get a new office number if that makes it easier.
    All or any feedback greatly appreciated.
    CHeers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Assuming Vodafone allow it (assume they will with the right fee):

Buy SIP phone for office
    Enter applicable Voda credentials for existing Non Geo Landline (your 076 Number)

By default it should ring at both the Office and mobile and 1 can wait to see if 2 picks up or if not answer themselves. Alternatively Vodafone may offer the option to ring office first, then go to you after X rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Alan666

Thanks ED Ill give them a shout and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Alan666 wrote: »
    Thanks ED Ill give them a shout and see.

Any joy? In similar situation

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Free unlimited calls any network, no issues with that.

what I want it for is simply to be able to take office calls by other employee, and make very occasional calls only

Given the availability of free unlimited calls why not use a PAYG SIM in phone for office? Why bother with VOIP? Probably a second phone for such use could be added to the mobile account at very little cost.

Yes I know that was the OP's situation, but if
    In similar situation
    that would appear to be the easiest option.

Advertisement