Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refunding an Item Purchased from Ikea Dublin at Ikea Belfast?

Options
  • 27-06-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I've bought an item from Ikea Dublin, and I would like to refund it. However Ikea Belfast is more accessible to me at the moment. Does anyone know if they would accept a refund/exchange in Ikea Belfast if my receipt is from Ikea Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not being smart but have you phoned either of them to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

I haven't. I googled and went through their FAQ, though. Didn't find much. Will try that anyways, but am interested someone's experience here if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Think I remember reading that they are franchises, that coupled with the currency difference would make me think you've little chance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're 'franchises' all owned (in this part of the world - they do have some franchised stores very far away ) by another part of the parent firm for tax reasons. That won't be the issue, different operating divisions and currency is more likely to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Highly unlikely due to the fact that they are in different countries, with different currencies. However, the quickest way to know for certain is to give IKEA Belfast a quick buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

We have exchanged M&S and Debenhams north to south and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

I just rang them to query this. The pre-recorded guide said that: "If you change your mind, you can refund or exchange your item at any Ikea store within 365 days..." followed by some Ts&Cs.

I still proceeded to talk to a person, and they explained that it's not a problem at all and they do accept refunds cross-border. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hiddden wrote: »
    I just rang them to query this. The pre-recorded guide said that: "If you change your mind, you can refund or exchange your item at any Ikea store within 365 days..." followed by some Ts&Cs.

I still proceeded to talk to a person, and they explained that it's not a problem at all and they do accept refunds cross-border. Yay!

That's great service. Can you let us know how you get on with actual price they refund?

Advertisement