Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free fees for Dcu

Options
  • 27-06-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just looking for information weather I would be entitled to free fees as I am applying to go back to do nursing level 8 in Dcu.
    I completed two years level 6 in electronic engineering in its Dublin back in 2004_2006 and failed the level 7 following year in same course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Yup, you're a second chance student because so much time has passed! So go for it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just looking for information weather I would be entitled to free fees as I am applying to go back to do nursing level 8 in Dcu.
    I completed two years level 6 in electronic engineering in its Dublin back in 2004_2006 and failed the level 7 following year in same course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may qualify as a second chance student as long as it has been 5 years or more since you last attended any studies. This means no courses that have lad to a major award on the NFQ in the last 5 years, irrespective of the gap prior to such course.
    Yup, you're a second chance student because so much time has passed! So go for it :).

Second chance student is not as straight forward at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LittleRossi27

Was talking DCU yesterday and they said I'll have to pay for first two years because I completed the level 6. Was also talking to citizens information and they basically said same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Was talking DCU yesterday and they said I'll have to pay for first two years because I completed the level 6. Was also talking to citizens information and they basically said same thing.

You are progressing in your studies from the level 7 that you did not complete.
    If you were considered to be a second chance student, you would not have to pay for the first 2 years.

How ever, if the new course awards a level 6 after 2 years, level 7 after 3 years and then your level 8 after 4 years then you may have to pay your fees for the first 2 years.

I would definitely apply to SUSI as a second chance student and let theme look at your situation and make a decision.

Advertisement