Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR help!

Options
  • 27-06-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey guys, so today I got a letter stating that I was declined a place for HEAR, according to the letter I met indicators 2 & 4 and did not meet indicator 1.

This means that I failed to produce my documentation. After getting off the phone with a very angry woman she informed me that one of sheets of my sheets was missing (the second half of my parents P21).

We are 100% sure we sent off all the sheets required and have proof of postage etc. and now despite being eligible for HEAR (I have the other 2 indicators) they are stating one sheet was not present I have been refused a place.

We are getting the application rechecked under the circumstances of "administrative error" but I'm worried it won't change anything.

Anyone have any advice on what to do or how these rechecks usually turn out? Worried to say the least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hollymc

Hiii, so I, too, had a problem w/ HEAR. Maybe it's not the same thing but it may help xD So a couple months ago I completed the online form and then sent in my documentation before April 1st. I got an email a couple days after closing date informing me that they hadn't received my documents but I could resend them w/ proof of postage by May 6th (I think), so I assumed they got lost in the post. So, I resent them but of course, my mam forgot to include the 'proof of postage' which I only realised when I got a letter two days later saying that it was too late to send in the forms. I tried to ring CAO office but got no answer, so I kinda just accepted the fact that it was too late. But then I thought, "no screw it". I resent my documentation w/ proof of postage about four days ago, [I included a note of the circumstances] and then this morning I got the letter to say that I had got it. Basically, I'd recommend just resending them w/ proof of postage. I also think the 'appeal' thingy is still open, so I'm sure they'd accept your documents. Hope this has helped in someway. Good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shligonian

Just thought I'd give some closure for future people reading this thread, I got an acceptance letter today along with an apology for the errors made along my application.

My message is for everyone to have their application rechecked online and send a strongly worded letter with it (being polite at the same time). If you feel you should have got it don't be swayed by the people on the phone telling you there's no hope.

Over the moon that I have it because it relieves so much stress in terms of paying off accomodation fees in giant lumps and along with this a small monthly contribution for food or transport.

Advertisement