Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying silver and gold bullion from the uk

Options
  • 27-06-2016 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering which is the best company to buy from.
    Just thinking may be some good deals to be got if the sterling continues to drop.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

bullionvault.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

But Gold and Silver have also shot up inline with the Sterling drop, so I don't think you'll get any better deals now than before Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Just thinking may be some good deals to be got if the sterling continues to drop.

'Good deals?' :confused:

If you're looking to profit from the drop in sterling then it's sterling you should be buying!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 daywatcher

If you want to buy silver coins, then check out www.celticgold.eu and www.silver-to-go.com (I'm too new on Boards to be allowed to post working URLs). Both are Germany-based but they legally import coins from Estonia without them or you having to pay VAT. There's a loophole in Estonia law that allows silver legal tender to be VAT free (the EU are putting pressure on Estonia to close the loophole). Legal tender are coins with a currency face value. The VAT exemption doesn't apply to silver bars or silver rounds.

There's a €500 min order with celticgold but no minimum order with silver-to-go. celticgold has marginally better prices but silver-to-go has a bigger range of coins. Shipping is by UPS. I've bought from both and can confirm no VAT is charged. Came across all this info here:

www.investingoldnow.com/how-to-buy-vat-free-silver-in-the-eu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm looking into purchasing gold (and possibly silver) on Bullion Vault at the moment. Any suggestions on which currency I should use to purchase?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Are questions about buying gold, silver etc. really appropriate to this forum? Collectibles (sic) an American word, & Antiques are what the forum is supposed to be about. Would Investments & Markets not be more suitable?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=859

Advertisement