Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start with offer

Options
  • 27-06-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi

We are considering putting an offer in for house,

the was no official asking price as not advertised, the estate agents said 172500 would probably buy it,

Where should i start with off would 150k be an insult to the estate agent and seller.

Its at our higher budget so every little counts

suggestions please

Also the seller is uk based, not sure how briexit will affect the sale

will he go for quick sale incase pound drops more or will he hold out few weeks and hope it improves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

TENHNY wrote: »
    Hi

We are considering putting an offer in for house,

the was no official asking price as not advertised, the estate agents said 172500 would probably buy it,

Where should i start with off would 150k be an insult to the estate agent and seller.

Its at our higher budget so every little counts

suggestions please

Also the seller is uk based, not sure how briexit will affect the sale

will he go for quick sale incase pound drops more or will he hold out few weeks and hope it improves

I sold a house a couple of years ago. Don't worry about insults. If its too low you will soon be told by the seller. The agent has to tell the seller what offers are made. I had some silly offers but it didn't bother me. Myself and the Estate agent just laughed and agreed it was way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TENHNY

Thanks for that, did you get your asking price? are sellers hell stuck on set price or they waived by quick sale in your opionion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I agree with above. I recently sold my house and I wasn't insulted by any offers (some very low). When you're trying to sell a house, you listen to any offers even if you don't consider them. It is a business transaction after all, if the seller takes it as an emotional affront then they're wasting your time anyway.
    If your offer is your absolute max, just go for it and be prepared to lose. They may refuse and come back to you at a later stage - 22,5 under asking does not sound nuts to me. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

They can only say no.
    I don't think you can insult anyone but you need to make an offer so you can be taken seriously by them. And given that its not officially on the market yet, they will almost certainly say no.
    If you have your heart set on the house make a strong realistic offer and get the deal done. If it was me i'd probably go 10% under so around 155 or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

TENHNY wrote: »
    Thanks for that, did you get your asking price? are sellers hell stuck on set price or they waived by quick sale in your opionion

I'm well outside Dublin so didn't get asking price. But got a price i was happy with. I was willing to take a bit less as i had my eye on a smaller house that i wanted to buy quickly. I got discount on that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Nah, never be afraid to offend, thats why people employ EA's were objective and removed from the feelings that often go with selling your own property. We are obliged to bring any and all offers back to our clients and there really isnt a point in taking offense as we might be able to work with you to negotiate an outcome thats suitable t our client and a purchaser.

Advertisement