Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on value of PC components

Options
  • 27-06-2016 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how much I should be asking for on adverts for the following:

These are a few years old but I think I should still get 200 ish for them?

Antec 1200 Case - In good condition. Nice large case.
    Intel i7 975 Extreme
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 X58
    Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 12GB
    Zalman CPU Cooler (Unsure of type at the moment - Its a large copper looking one)

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I think you could go more than 200 at a glance. Man this must have cost a bomb in 2009/10. I'd say this still performs well enough today. It's the lack of USB3 and more importantly SATA 3 that make it unattractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

It does perform fine really - I'm able to play 1440p Ultrawide no problem with it. I have a USB 3.0 PCI Express card aswell as a PCI express Wifi Card which may add a bit to it aswell. Cheers for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Is it an actual rig or components. Didn't see a psu.

I'm keeping the PSU and Graphics Card,

So the buyer would need to pick up those if they want to get it up and running.

I'd be selling it built, without the PSU and GFX card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I'm keeping the PSU and Graphics Card,

So the buyer would need to pick up those if they want to get it up and running.

I'd be selling it built, without the PSU and GFX card.

Someone looking for a starter rig would just need to add the psu hdd os and gpu to get a full working gaming pc.

I think 200ish is definitely achievable. Thats for a quick sale. You could put up for more. And would advise so to get rid of low ballers. one of the usual vultures should snap it up and sell for 800+ haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think you should be able to get 200 for the lot handily enough, realistically the 975 and X58 performs pretty OK still but it's outclassed in both features and speed by an entry level modern i5 and chipset.

Cheers lads

Advertisement