Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth for 2005 BMW 1 Series (E87)

Options
  • 27-06-2016 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'm looking to get bluetooth for audio and the rare call in my car.

What's the best bluetooth audio solution and someone who can fit it? I care a good deal about the sound so don't want it to sound terrible. I've used all types of solutions in the past, those terrible FM transmitters, aux cables etc and they're all terrible or have bad negatives. (FM transmitters sound like you're passing audio through a tin can, AUX sounds good but the audio levels need to be put up sky high to hear anything and then I flip back to a CD/Radio and blow the ears off myself.

Also in the car under the armrest there's an aux in and a cigarette lighter port (I'm sure there's a technical term for this as who smokes in their cars these days :eek:) but I'd like to have something like this fitted so that I can charge without the need for a cigarette lighter to usb dingus.

I'm also not against the idea of getting an after-market Apple CarPlay head unit either as long as the fitting is done by a good pro and isn't too insanely priced.

Comments

Advertisement