Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting LC HL Irish 2017- Tips

Options
  • 26-06-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Guys,

I'm planning on sitting my LC HL Irish Paper in June 2017 as an external candidate as I may be interested in applying for a Graduate Primary Teacher course in the future and i'm wondering would anyone have any tips for me?

I actually sat the LC a few years back in 2012 and took the OL paper, for which I receive an A1. I believe the course I took back then was the first year to introduce the 40% oral element, and the stories/poems remain the same as they did back then.

I basically am in full time employment now but am not happy in my job, so I want to complete the LC HL Irish paper in case I ever decide to apply for teaching.

Does anyone have any hints/tips/advice for someone attempting to carry out this task? I won't have mammoth amounts of time to complete this task with work, family etc. but I will try anything and everything to achieve my goal.

I must admit, my standard of Irish has fairly evaporated, I still would be able to have a ropey conversation, but written Irish, I wouldn't be too comfortable with at the minute, particularly in relation to grammar.

I would appreciate any advice or feedback, and would like to thank all of you who help in advance.

Happy Sunday,

Woun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Woun wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm planning on sitting my LC HL Irish Paper in June 2017 as an external candidate as I may be interested in applying for a Graduate Primary Teacher course in the future and i'm wondering would anyone have any tips for me?

I actually sat the LC a few years back in 2012 and took the OL paper, for which I receive an A1. I believe the course I took back then was the first year to introduce the 40% oral element, and the stories/poems remain the same as they did back then.

I basically am in full time employment now but am not happy in my job, so I want to complete the LC HL Irish paper in case I ever decide to apply for teaching.

Does anyone have any hints/tips/advice for someone attempting to carry out this task? I won't have mammoth amounts of time to complete this task with work, family etc. but I will try anything and everything to achieve my goal.

I must admit, my standard of Irish has fairly evaporated, I still would be able to have a ropey conversation, but written Irish, I wouldn't be too comfortable with at the minute, particularly in relation to grammar.

I would appreciate any advice or feedback, and would like to thank all of you who help in advance.

Happy Sunday,

Woun.

Flash cards, as simple as it sounds, are extremely helpful for getting all the verbs and key words down 100%, pretty easy to just use for a few minutes every night as well, online flashcards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

You can get the 2017 sraith pictiur online. Afraid that's my only tip :) Oh and watch Ros na Run when it comes back from its summer break and listen to RnaG

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Listen to R na G while commuting. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

You should be able to apply online around January and it should be about €110 I think

Advertisement