Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Address on Census Forms

Options
  • 26-06-2016 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I have come across a few Form A's where the Form with the actual address is missing. Can't find a previous discussion on this here. Anyone know if those forms still exist or are they lost?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Can you give an example of what you mean please?

You mean the back of the page was not scanned?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Can you give an example of what you mean please?

You mean the back of the page was not scanned?

Maybe not scanned then. Didn't think of it being the back of the page!

Records taken at random for example:

This has Household Return Form A only (list of residents)
    (“View Census Images”)
    http://census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Lucan/St__Edmondsbury/1267551/

Whereas this one, has the Household Return Form A, plus the second (Family Return) Form A showing the exact address:
    (“View Census Images”)
    http://census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Inns_Quay/Benedict_Terrace/1323866/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yes, the address details are on the reverse of the Form A.
    It's only obvious if you see the original paper returns.

I suspect some scans were omitted.
    If you go through all the other forms attached to the return, you should be able to find it though.

In the case of your first example, the enumerator's abstract & B1 form has the townland in the top left...and that might be the full address in a rural scenario.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks Pinky. The majority of my records are Dublin city, but I am also researching some rural records for a friend, which is a nightmare for a Dub like meself!

Advertisement