Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Relaxed wedding advice

Options
  • 26-06-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, we're a couple in our early 30s. We have been engaged a year and a half and still not one single wedding plan between us! All we know is we do not want the traditional wedding, fuss or stress.
    We're thinking along the lines of:
    Small wedding abroad and party at home or relaxed and casual wedding at home (Limerick)

Any ideas/suggestions greatly welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Not sure anything I have to say will be of use but we'll see!

Fiance and I are marrying in November (shotgun wedding lol). We really want to keep it simple too. I bought a simple white dress from Topshop online, he's wearing a waistcoat, shirt and slacks. We're getting married in a registry office with just close family there, then afterwards we're having a relaxed reception with extended family. We rented the function room in a GAA club, simple decorations and no sit-down meal; it will be a buffet. No cake, no photographer, no flowers! We have a friend DJ'ing some cheesey 80's rock so we can dance and that's pretty much it! Dress code is relaxed too, nothing formal. The whole motto of the wedding is we just want to relax and for everyone to have fun :)

Advertisement