Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth, Nightlife, BA Arts Computer Science & Accounting, anyone? :)

Options
  • 25-06-2016 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey everyone,

I just got a place in the BA Arts Double Major in Maynooth (So exciting!!)

I am planning to choose Computer Science, Accounting and Maths for my first year and then continue with CS and Acc as my double major.
    I would love to hear from students who are doing or did the same subjects I will be choosing this year.
    Would also be nice to know people who are thinking about the same options that I am :)

A general overview about the college is welcome too. Any information really :P

How is the nightlife in maynooth between students?

I am an international student so this will be an amazing experience and I can't wait!!

Sorry for my bad english but I promise I will improve it during college :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭wehuntmonsters

Just wanted to ask how you've already received a place? Are you from abroad or what? Just wanted to ask because I am curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Eveliquinn

I had an interview in Maynooth last month since I am foreigner and mature student. Recently they sent me an email offering me the place and advising me to have this course as my first option on the CAO if I am planning to accept it. That is all :)
    I think this is the normal procedure for the students that don't fall on the leaving cert/fetac/A levels categories. Generally, International and mature students need to plan ahead so they let us know even before the CAO issuing the letters

• Registered Users Posts: 2 COYBIB16

Welcome!
    Doing CS myself the first year of it is a breeze just keep up with the programming and you will catch on quick, if you need help just look for the Programming support centre they help loads
    Math is tricky if it isn't your best ares but visit the MSC (math support centre) plenty of help there and great people to meet
    I am doing CS through science entry so you can ask me any Qs on that.
    Maynooth itself can't put it to words till you just survive the first week will sum it up, it becomes a home away from home, I hope you feel comfortable and safe here
    Nightlife is epic if you go to all the events as much as you can, get involved and just throw yourself out there into the world
    P.m if you want, and again welcome to maynooth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Simpson2

I'm also planning on studying CS as part of MH201 if I get the offer for it on Monday. I'm really excited about college life and studying science in Maynooth. Hope to meet lots of new faces on campus!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Firstly, welcome to Maynooth! I didn't do Maths through Arts, did it through Science, so I can tell you a little bit about it. It's not that bad. As long as you do your assignments and go to tutorials and lectures, it's actually alright. It's a good bit more wordy then you have probably done before. It's calculus (both differentiation and integration) as well as linear algebra and statistics. It's grand, don't be worrying.
    Secondly, Maynooth is amazing. I'm a mature student who previously attended NUI Galway. I feel in love with Galway as a city, but always felt NUIG was far too big and not that great. Maynooth is so different. It is quite a compact college, meaning you are never more than 10 minutes from any one part of college, and South Campus is beautiful. The people are lovely, there are some great places to eat and everyone is super friendly!
    As for the nightlife, there is so much. I am going into second year but the SU bar was a home away from home. They have some good drink deals, entertainment every night in some form and there are usually people there! Also, they do some pretty awesome big nights in the SU which are well worth it! Maynooth town has a few places to go too, but they can get very full, great craic though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement