Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busking in Galway

Options
  • 25-06-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I've never been busking before, and I want to do it with a friend of mine. My friend plays guitar, and I play bass and maybe vocals. I've read up a bit on busking in Galway, and apparently I need a permit costing €30, and a €90 fee to use an amp. I'm only 13, so I have a few questions:

In the article I read, it said closing date for permit apps was 27 Feb 2015, but it's well over a year past that. Can I still apply for one?

Also, it says that I can't play over 80dB. How do I know if I've gone over 80dB? Will my brain just work it out for me?

Will they accept my app, since I'm only 13?

And where do I get all the money for the permit and amp fee? I'm 13, and I don't have any source of income (apart from the occasional tenner from my grandparents). Maybe if you were kind enough to spare me the money?

Thanks! Please reply with tips/answers to my listed questions. Would appreciate it!

Advertisement