Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olaplex hair treatment

• 25-06-2016 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the olaplex hair treatment on virgin (unbleached) hair? how much did it cost and was it worth it?
    Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Hi. I tried it. Had 2/3 treatments, 1 a month. I was expecting great things but didn't notice any difference, so I reverted back to a supermarket bought hair mask/treatment.
    Can't remember how much it was, but was pretty expensive considering it did nothing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

I have naturally curly, frizzy hair that is coloured. I am unlucky and went grey in my early 20s.

I have it done in the hairdresser every time that I get a full colour done. It has made a massive difference. People have commented on it. I am a complete convert. It makes my hair shiny, manageable and a lot less frizzy.

It costs about €25 per treatment and I bought a bottle for weekly use at home for about €50.

It probably depends on your hair but it is a miracle product for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

I have naturally curly, frizzy hair that is coloured. I am unlucky and went grey in my early 20s.

Like you, have curly dry/frizzy hair. Didn't find it made my hair more manageable. Your lucky it worked on your hair. Wish it did for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I had it done on healthy hair that was only drying out a bit - it made my hair feel softer and more bouncy, but that's it. I'd expect that its real benefits are better felt if you have bleached hair (I only use gentle temporary colourants that I can do myself). I paid e25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I agree with above post my hair is a little bit dry and I was expecting great things. Sadly no. I have brown hair. I think it seems to work better with blonde hair judging from my friends.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have highlighted hair, and my hair is naturally light brown (although my hairdresser kindly insists that I would still fall into the "blonde" category naturally - he's going on the Christmas card list!). Anyway, I asked the last time about Olaplex and he said he wouldn't recommend bothering with it unless there's serious lightening going on - like Kim Kar-whats-her-face going blonde from very dark hair.

/Edit: My hair is fine, dry and poker straight. It might be different for different hair textures too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

From what I've heard, it only works on hair thats damaged by colour. It doesnt do anything for hair thats just naturally frizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennione

I have coloured frizzy hair too in its natural state. I didn't find Olaplex much good. Osmo hair treatment is half the price and just as good. The thing I find really helps is using Sulfate free shampoo and conditioner always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Ennione wrote: »
    I have coloured frizzy hair too in its natural state. I didn't find Olaplex much good. Osmo hair treatment is half the price and just as good. The thing I find really helps is using Sulfate free shampoo and conditioner always.

I love osmo, used to buy it in sallys but i havnt seen it in years, it smells like heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Olaplex isn't a conditioner so it won't make your hair feel smoother or softer.

It works on the inside of the hair shaft underneath the cuticle layer pairing and repairing broken disulphide bonds. It restores the strength, structure and integrity of hair damaged by chemicals or heat from straighteners, too hot dryers etc. Hair that is very damaged starts to break off and this product helps prevent that happening. Olaplex No1 is the most concentrated solution followed by No.2 and No.3 still contains the active ingredient but in a much less concentrated form and is great for using between salon appointments.

You will still need to use a moisturising hair mask or conditioner afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

I love osmo, used to buy it in sallys but i havnt seen it in years, it smells like heaven.

I get this one in sallys and use it as my permenant conditioner(yes my hair is that bad :D)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31us6HX3KNL._SY300_.jpg

I get this one in sallys and use it as my permenant conditioner(yes my hair is that bad :D)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31us6HX3KNL._SY300_.jpg

Yeah I love this stuff, use to put it in my hair and leave it overnight, its amazing!! Do sallys still sell it? I havnt seen it in years :( the beauty supply shop in my town only sells the green/blue one and its crap :( I need the white one back in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Yeah I love this stuff, use to put it in my hair and leave it overnight, its amazing!! Do sallys still sell it? I havnt seen it in years :( the beauty supply shop in my town only sells the green/blue one and its crap :( I need the white one back in my life.

Sally's def still sell it, I got it about 3 weeks ago :)

http://www.salon-services.com/ie/osmo/

Sally's def still sell it, I got it about 3 weeks ago :)

http://www.salon-services.com/ie/osmo/

Oh cool :) thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I want to try this, from what I've read it's a three step process - if I'm not lightening my hair at the moment do I only need the third step- or does the third step only work following the first two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I want to try this, from what I've read it's a three step process - if I'm not lightening my hair at the moment do I only need the third step- or does the third step only work following the first two?

From what I understand, each of the three types are for different types of damaged hair. I don't think you use all three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The 3 are different concentrations rather than steps. 1 and 2 have the highest and are salon only. 3 is the take home treatment. You don't need to be having a colour/highlights it can also be done as a stand alone treatment which is what I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Olaplex is a fantastic invention for bleached hair. It's saved mine whilst in the process of going from red hair to blonde.
    It's bleedin expensive though. The little at home bottle retailing at €40+ (looking for a cheaper alternative)

I use the at home treatment once a week and also a deep condition with coconut oil. Massive difference, much less breakage and can actually get a brush through it with ease now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

I found olaplex very good for adding moisture

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement