Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop For Masters

Options
  • 24-06-2016 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

I am trying to help a friend find a Laptop for her Masters which she is starting in September, she wants something that is light for carrying around and that is fast and reliable. She has a budget of €500.

I came across this Laptop in Argos, a Lenovo which looks to have very good spec. I was looking for one with a SDD but haven't come across any within her budget.

I see there are lots of threads from people looking and i have read through them but no look.

I'm hoping someone here who knows can let me know if this is a good purchase at the price or if they know of any more online.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This Lenovo comes well under budget and has an SSD, albeit a relatively small one:

http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=WCE80S20002UK

I actually think it is a good option for a masters laptop, as 128GB should be fine for most. And the SSD will be robust and far faster than any HDD or hybrid HDD.

As always when people are doing important work on any machine/laptop having a good backup strategy for your files is important. Using google drive/dropbox and backing up to external storage are always important things to plan for.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

I had a look at a few reviews of the Lenovo and not exactly all positive but that's down to budget. Any looking at this one for her Lenovo Core i5.

Any thoughts. This will be mainly used for her masters and everyday use like browsing. The 1TB is huge.

Advertisement