Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic card upgrade or Not

Options
  • 24-06-2016 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Greetings,

I have a GTX680 on my system.

Since I install this the price has become favourable.

Should I consider a second one and place in SLI.

Or upgrade to a new single card.

Regards
    Silverski

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

New single card. With the release of the new AMD and NVIDIA cards, it's a pretty good time to upgrade. If your budget is <400€ then look at the new RX 480 from AMD. If your budget is above 400, then look at the new GTX 1070 from NVIDIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Xenoronin wrote: »
    New single card. With the release of the new AMD and NVIDIA cards, it's a pretty good time to upgrade. If your budget is <400€ then look at the new RX 480 from AMD. If your budget is above 400, then look at the new GTX 1070 from NVIDIA.

Greetings

Not sure what the RX 480 is.

Also just checking to see if 2 cards even a gtx680 would be better than one single new card further up the chain.

Regards
    Silverski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dual GTX680's would be a waste at this point, a single AMD 480 would be a way better option and will cost way less than 400.

2nd hand a GTX970 is a pretty solid bet too at around €250.

Greetings

Thansk for the replies.
    I would be staying with nvidia

I will check out Australian pricing on the 970GTX

Regards
    Silverski

Greetings

As always, PC Components are always a bit more expensive here, plus freight costs

https://www.ple.com.au/Products/622011/Galax-GeForce-GTX970-Gamer-OC-Mini-4GB-GDDR5

Regards
    Silverski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Was trying to hit the middleground in terms of budget :D

Agreed, a 970 may be your best bet here if you want to buy now. Otherwise waiting for the RX 480 from AMD (It isn't released just yet so you won't see it on amazon.co.uk or anything) is a better idea as it will be a similar price for a better product (We think, based on what bits of information we have seen so far).

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Was trying to hit the middleground in terms of budget :D

Agreed, a 970 may be your best bet here if you want to buy now. Otherwise waiting for the RX 480 from AMD (It isn't released just yet so you won't see it on amazon.co.uk or anything) is a better idea as it will be a similar price for a better product (We think, based on what bits of information we have seen so far).

Greetings,

Yep, that would be the better option.

Looking for the preferred solutions to consider moving from 2 monitors to 3 monitors (dell 24").

Regards
    Silverski

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh, you're buying in AUD.

My condolences.
    :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Oh, you're buying in AUD.

My condolences.
    :pac:

Greetings,

Not only that we pay extra for the privilege of being in Western Australia and even more for living down in the south West.

Sucks

Regards
    Silverski

Advertisement