Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what can I build?

Options
  • 24-06-2016 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey there guys, I have been doing some research as of late regarding planning permission and the likes. It seems that you do not need planning permission for something that is under 25m2 ( Correct me if i'm wrong). I was wondering if I could build multiple units under this size and connect them some how. Not directly connecting them of course but lets 1 metre apart with 2 doors either side. Could I build say four of these units on a plot of land and without planning? Could I live in these units and what are the laws around that. Also, does it matter what zone the land is, or can i build on any plot of land as long as it is under these specs? Any help would be great thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Short answer = no.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GentlemenJack

any chance of a long answer there guys, or do you just not know ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What you propose is against all planning and development guidelines, rules and regulations. You will not be allowed to carry out these works and comply with planning law and building regulations.

You will not get permission for it, you won't get certification for it and you certainly won't get finance for it.

To be honest, your idea is crazy, I'll thought and an uneducated proposal and if you don't like that answer then I don't know what else to say.

Have you looked into local planning requirements?
    Needs assessments?
    Building regulations?
    Planning & Development Act?
    Local Development Plan?

Also, what is this 25Sq. M free build that you talk of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If I read this correctly, I am thinking the OP's heard of the max. 25sq.m exempt development for out-buildings under SI600/2001 (Class 3). What the OP may not be doing is looking at all the conditions associated with it. You simply cannot build 4 units 25 sq.m each to get a total of 100sq.m. The max is the sum of all buildings up to 25sq.m. The building cannot be used for human habitation either. There's a lot of conditions such as position, height etc which would need to be reviewed.

See Class 3 here: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2001/si/600/made/en/print#sched2

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Longer answer: The origional posts interpretation of the exempted regs is outrageous. It's so far of a stretch, the first response of 'no' should suffice.

Waste someone else's time please

Advertisement