Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Development with J2EE and HTML5/CSS/JS

Options
  • 24-06-2016 1:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for opinions. I've always shied away from Web Development in all it's forms, but now I've been working with HTML5, CSS and JS (Node, React, Angular) in it's entirety. I'm also looking into Development with J2EE, Hibernate and Spring.

I've always enjoyed working with Java, C#, C and C++, Python and Perl for more Back-end Development and Systems Administration. I'm looking now to work with JEE, Spring and Hibernate. Any thoughts on what I should be looking into?

I'm already working with Glassfish as an application server and Netbeans as my IDE, which I prefer over Eclipse.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. You say you want to work with Spring, Hibernate etc - in that case, you should be looking into them.

If you're asking what else you should look at, I'd recommend learning about REST services and how to implement them in the tech of your choice - this will link nicely into your AngularJS stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Talisman

The Play Framework should be of interest to you. It's inspired by Ruby on Rails and Django so it's it's easier to develop applications than the traditional JEE approach.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks for the advice, I shall look into all technologies.

Advertisement