Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple piercing and exercising

Options
  • 24-06-2016 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm a newbie here. Did a search but couldn't really find an answer to this...

I just got my nipples pierced and I was wondering am I okay to still exercise? I generally use a treadmill and cross trainer and get quite sweaty. As long as I shower afterwards and clean the piercings with saline am I good?

I don't want to have to stop exercising while it heals so any answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ensure it's well protected, avoid anything that'll involve stretching/irritation of the piercing and make sure to keep all shampoo/shower gel away from it while it's healing, and you should be ok for the most part. Don't over-do it too much while healing, so that you're not putting too much strain on your healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Should I put a plaster over the piercing while working out or just leave it?

I just want to run and do the cross trainer for now. I'm avoiding weights and swimming until it has healed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So long as it is breathable, and doesn't actually stick to the piercing! You don't want to have to try to peel it off!

Thank you Star Lord! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Grab a box of Mepore pads, (the kind you were likely covered with after you got it pierced), in a chemist and cover it during exercise to avoid irritation.

• Advertisement

Ah good thinking. I have an unopened box from an operation I had recently so I'll use them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Asking for trouble covering a new piercing in my opinion. When I had my nipple pierced and stretched to 6mm I just left it alone. Washed as normal and never used saline.

Never used saline on any of my piercings after being advised not to due to drying them out. 4 of those were stretched multiple times and I never had any issues.

Right enough I had my piercings done in 1998 so maybe there has been a shift in advice but leaving them alone certainly worked for me.

Even just covering temporarily for exercising?

Hmm I was advised to wash the piercing 3 times a day with saline by the piercer. I cleaned it today and it doesn't sting and there's no lymph/dried stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Definitely keep cleaning it with saline.

Advertisement