Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riding a Green Horse

Options
  • 23-06-2016 10:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all I've recently started riding a green horse for a friend of mine. He's a lovely horse, real willing and quiet. He's a bit older though at 8, he hasn't done much before rather than just cantering through fields..

Anyway I was wondering if anyone recommends any reading material? I know it'll only teach you so much but I just think it'd help me to be more conscious of what I'm doing while on him. Maybe even as opposed to riding a green horse, just books etc on riding theory ie the different aids.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I really like the 101 series - 101 schooling/Dressage/jumping exercises for horse and rider. Each of the exercises are graded according to difficulty so you can start with the basic ones and move up when you want to challenge your horse

Also Ingrid klimke has a good book called 'Basic Training of the Young Horse' I think which is also good.

Enjoy the journey :)

Advertisement