Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Gaming PC upgrade

Options
  • 23-06-2016 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    Have my current PC about five years and I have to say it's never missed a beat. Unfortunately it can't keep up with newer games so I think it's time to update.
    What I have
    Intel i5 760 2.8ghz
    6 GB of genereic ram
    Assus P7P55 lx motherboard
    Gtx 560ti
    Atx mid tower case
    I'd to be able to run current games at high as in keep myself ticking over for another five years
    Hoping to spend €400-500
    Was thinking of just getting a slightly faster i5 and a 750ti. Would it make a huge difference compared to what I have? Does upgrading to DDR4 ram make much difference?
    I'm very tempted by the cheaperAMD processors and graphic cards. I've always had Nvidida and Intel. Am I just paying for a name?
    Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Core i5 6400: €170
    8GB 2133MHz DDR4: €30
    H110/B150 motherboard: €75
    AMD RX 470/480: €Unknown

You can change the GPU depending on what games you play and resolution.
    This should be grand for your needs. I don't think picking up a 750Ti/950 at this point in time is worthwile.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Hi folks
    I'm very tempted by the cheaperAMD processors and graphic cards. I've always had Nvidida and Intel. Am I just paying for a name?

Typically AMD processors aren't great compared to Intel. Their GPUs can be pretty solid if you get the right one though (see what EoinMc suggested for a good example). Nvidia's drivers tend to be a bit better but that's becoming less of a factor.

If your budget has space in it, an SSD is a solid purchase.

Advertisement