Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Meetup Group

Options
  • 23-06-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey guys,

I'm just making this thread to see if anyone would be interested in starting up a very relaxed casual meetup group in Carlow? There was a similar post a while ago but no one ever seemed to make a move and it went nowhere.

Ever since moving back to Carlow after being away working for a few years I've noticed the social scene in Carlow is awfully skewed - it either all involves sport or drinking -- or both. There's little outside of those two. Very awkward for people not really into drinking.

Would anyone be interested in starting up a more casual meetup or social group/scene? Maybe for let's say people aged 20 up to the 30s or so - possibly formed around several themes such as gaming/movies or something similar. Could find a spot to meet up in Carlow town once a week or once every two weeks. Maybe start some events when a good foundation is formed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Have you tried Man Shed. Taking a stab that you are a man. Go here and scroll down for info on the Carlow one. Might be a good springboard for you.
    http://menssheds.ie/find-a-shed-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Madra98

Thanks for the message, Ken. Much appreciated. Is the mens' club not for older men (I'm 24-years-old)? Also it is very DIY based and such isn't it?

I'd be more interested in seeing if people would be into a more casual group.

Advertisement