Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolmen Insurance, 1 month delay in receiving documents.

Options
  • 23-06-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Dolmen Insurance
    Is anybody having trouble with Dolman Insurance. I paid my premium, online on 26 May and I am still waiting for the documents.
    I tried phoning them only to get to leave a voice message and they will get back to me. So far they haven't come back.

I am wondering if they are in (financial) difficulties but still accepting premiums. If they go bust, what happens to the premium I paid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Dolman Insurance
    Is anybody having trouble with Dolman Insurance. I paid my premium, online on 26 May and I am still waiting for the documents.
    I tried phoning them only to get to leave a voice message and they will get back to me. So far they haven't come back.

I am wondering if they are in (financial) difficulties but still accepting premiums. If they go bust, what happens to the premium I paid?

I paid 19th of may I had to email them at camper@dolmen-insurance.ie to get a response. They told me I had emailed an incorrect address info@camper.ie. I pointed out this is the address printed on their website and is the return address for all emails from their website they still haven't fixed it. Its obviously not an important part of their business.

After dealing with them once on the phone and email I've taken to calling into the office. Takes 10 minutes over the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

This is why we switched to Stewarts. Could never get them on the phone and never responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

AFAIK under Central Bank regulations they must issue your documents within 5 days, I would report them and move.

This crap annoys me, why have a regulator that is simply just a jobs for the boys mechanism, CB along with Comreg, CCPC et al that have powers but couldn't be arsed regulating.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MillyD123

Haven't experienced any problems to be honest. Paid on 27/5 and have all document Quite quickly. I did leave a message a few times I rang but always got a return phone call quite soon after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Went into them today as I was in Dublin.

I moved home in January this year and advised them by email of my change of address. They informed AXA of the change but failed to update their own records - or so they say. Sloppy work, Dolman.

Advertisement