Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan - Temporary Insurance?

Options
  • 23-06-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has offered me a loan of his campervan for a couple of days.

I was trying to find out how I could get insurance for this for the 2 days? I rang Aviva, who is my current car insurance company, and they won't provide any extra insurance on campers or commercial vehicles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,797 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Easiest option would be for your friend to see if they can add you temporarily. As far as I know you won't be able to take out your own policy on a vehicle you have no insurable interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Easiest option would be for your friend to see if they can add you temporarily. As far as I know you won't be able to take out your own policy on a vehicle you have no insurable interest in.

OK thanks. I'll check with him to see if this is an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

chewed wrote: »
    OK thanks. I'll check with him to see if this is an option.

If he's with dolmen he may be able to get open driving for about €80 for 25-70 year olds.

Advertisement