Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spain driver caught using doll in Madrid car-share con

Options
  • 23-06-2016 9:55am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Shows the lengths some people will take just to break the law

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36601656
    Spain's civil guard force has caught a driver travelling in the high-occupancy lane of a busy road near Madrid, accompanied only by a child-sized doll.

_90062355_mediaitem90062351.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, I've seen similar trick for years, often in US.

15790022.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Car pool lanes are a waste of a road anyway :\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

fair play to him, ony crime is getting caught, from experience them car pool lane work great in calafornia seen

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmcato

Not the first one, surely not the last.

This one is from 2012, Madrid too:
    http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2012/10/18/madrid/1350550803.html

1350550803_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

^^^^

They both look like mannequins in that pic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I expected this to be far filthier than just having a doll sitting in the passenger seat

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Saw this on the net today and thought of this thread.

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What if the doll identifies as human? Gotta respect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In certain US cities there are similar lanes for cars with more than the driver so a system has developed whereby there are unofficial 'pickup points' where a motorist driving alone can pick up commuters, they get a free ride and the motorist gets to work quicker. There are unspoken rules that the passengers are expected to follow, including the obvious ones like no smoking and no consumption of food or drink but the one that got me was that there is no conversation allowed - the passengers are expected to zip it for the entire trip i.e. no smalltalk allowed, even among themselves and certainly not with the driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

coylemj wrote: »
    the one that got me was that there is no conversation allowed - the passengers are expected to zip it for the entire trip i.e. no smalltalk allowed, even among themselves and certainly not with the driver!
    I couldn't see that working for me or even most of the yappy American population. What happens if you break the rule? Are you reported and blacklisted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

imgp3052_499x374.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Shint0 wrote: »
    I couldn't see that working for me or even most of the yappy American population. What happens if you break the rule? Are you reported and blacklisted?

Option A The driver will politely remind you of the rules.

Option B....

courtesy-citrusccw.com_.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

coylemj wrote: »
    In certain US cities there are similar lanes for cars with more than the driver so a system has developed whereby there are unofficial 'pickup points' where a motorist driving alone can pick up commuters, they get a free ride and the motorist gets to work quicker. There are unspoken rules that the passengers are expected to follow, including the obvious ones like no smoking and no consumption of food or drink but the one that got me was that there is no conversation allowed - the passengers are expected to zip it for the entire trip i.e. no smalltalk allowed, even among themselves and certainly not with the driver!

http://sfcasualcarpool.com/etiquette

Doesn't seem to be quite that strict in San Francisco.

http://www.carpoolglobal.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=128

Or wherever that is. I don't believe that anyone would come up with a rule that everyone has to sit in stony silence, unless it is a particularly grumpy driver who doesn't get on with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

shietpilot wrote: »
    Car pool lanes are a waste of a road anyway :\

Why's that?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I expected this to be far filthier than just having a doll sitting in the passenger seat

Thread disappoints

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

e44f2009ab5686ed280a3d5b7ca3adfa.jpg

Advertisement