Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords Solar Battery Maintainer

Options
  • 23-06-2016 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

has any one used one of these i am thinking of the 6.0w would they be any good

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pongo69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

That is worth about €10. It would only be 6w at noon with a clear sky and no shading.

You could get a 25w/30w panel for the same price on ebay or amazon.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ECO-WORTHY-Volt-Watt-Solar-Panel/dp/B016D2VYTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466694347&sr=8-1&keywords=solar+panel+30w

To put it in perspective I paid €130 for 140w panel a couple of months ago.

I paid £380 for a 550Wp rig with a £200 grid tie inverter.
    I also have a TriStar 45 PWM with a display and a 110Wp module I picked up for €100.

I paid £380 for a 550Wp rig with a £200 grid tie inverter.

Sure we all know the streets of blighty are paved with gold...en collection only deals you don't need to rub it in.

Gold? No silicon Paddy!...much more useful substance altogether. That little system is earning me €0.30 a day most days in self-consumption. a_stir_it_smiley.gif

PV pays for itself in no time on a MH either in saving you extortionate hook-up charges, replacement battery costs or sparing the need of float chargers that are horrifically inefficient. I wouldn't bother with less than 30W for trickle. Somewhere between 50W & 300W for trickle and power on demand.

• Advertisement

Gold? No silicon Paddy!...much more useful substance altogether. That little system is earning me €0.30 a day most days in self-consumption. a_stir_it_smiley.gif

Feck your silicon gold went up 8.1% today with brexit :p
    PV pays for itself in no time on a MH either in saving you extortionate hook-up charges, replacement battery costs or sparing the need of float chargers that are horrifically inefficient. I wouldn't bother with less than 30W for trickle. Somewhere between 50W & 300W for trickle and power on demand.

+1 We spent around 70 euro in france on hookup in 3 weeks. Wouldn't need it at all now with the 140w panel.

Also battery is brimful starting out so much lower DOD on the average trip.

Feck your silicon gold went up 8.1% today with brexit :p

hysteria.gif

Not when I buy them with €'s :p

Did i mention they're shaded until 11am?

This is a little module pushes 12W on a good day. It will keep a battery with no other loads alive (battery disconnected from vehicle) from March to October.

390184.jpg

Turns out it's much healthier and cheaper to run than this fellar;
    Here it's telling me it's charged and pretending to float...it's only supposed to go to 14.4 on that cycle! It's the secret equalise function!

390181.jpg

Advertisement