Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<€1000 Gaming Build

Options
  • 22-06-2016 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey, new account so cannot post links but would love some advice on this build. I'm guessing I'll be told to wait for the new AMD cards but this is what I have as of now. Will be primarily used for gaming, streaming, watching movies etc. Would like to keep the budget below €1k with a monitor if possible. Below comes to about €900 delivered from Amazon. Any advice appreciated!

CPU: Intel Core Skylake Processor i5-6500

Motherboard: Asus H110M-A Motherboard (Socket 1151, H110 Express, DDR4, S-ATA 600, Micro ATX)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive

RAM: HyperX FURY Black Series 8 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 CL14 DIMM Memory Module (Skylake Compatible) (Previous model)

GPU: MSI AMD R9 380 Gaming Graphics Card (4 GB, PCI-E 3.0, GDDR5, 256 Bit, DVI-I, HDMI)

PSU: Corsair CP-9020097-UK VS550 ATX/EPS Vs Series 80 Plus Power Supply Unit

Case: Corsair CC-9011083-WW Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA Windowed Mid-Tower ATX
    Gaming Computer Case - White/Red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Swap the Corsair PSU for something like the CoolerMaster GM, SeaSonic or XFX one. BeQuiet and Silverstone are good also. This is because the VS series are subpar and have many reports of failing under load.

As for the build it looks fine. Do you need such a large SSD? Would it be cheaper to get a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD for storage of footage etc?
    As far as the GPU, it's fine but obviously stick around for Polaris 10.
    Pick up a 1080p monitor for around £80 and you'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You might as well wait for the RX 480 from AMD which is out on the 29th of June.

It's a good bit more powerful than that 380 and should cost €200-250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Echoing the above. Keep the SSD though for games. Last gen GPU is so 2-3 years ago; :pac: wait or buy secondhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 G28Br

Ya I'll wait a couple weeks for sure for the new GPUs. My plan was to buy a 1 or 2 TB HDD after a while, won't need it right away. Will the new AMD cards be compatible with that motherboard? Also, any idea how loud this build would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

G28Br wrote: »
    Ya I'll wait a couple weeks for sure for the new GPUs. My plan was to buy a 1 or 2 TB HDD after a while, won't need it right away. Will the new AMD cards be compatible with that motherboard? Also, any idea how loud this build would be?
    All PCI-Express GPUs are compatible with all motherboards that have PCI-e slots.

Loudness:

Intel CPU stock cooler is quiet.
    So are quality PSUs.

Loudest will either be the case fans at full tilt, and/or the graphics card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

You should be able to get a PSU where the fan only comes on if needed, case fans - look for something under 20dB or use a step down; I had to use a step down even on 'silent' fans. Again the GPU, you should be able to find a card where the fans only spin when gaming.

Other than that you'd be amazed how noisy hard drives are! I got rid of my 3.5" versions and went for 2.5". I'd love to have gone full SSD but it's just not affordable yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 G28Br

About to pull the trigger on this build, any comments before I do?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 €197
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 €55
    RAM: G. Skill Aegis DDR4-2400 (1x8GB) €30
    STORAGE: 250GB SSD Samsung 750 Evo €68
    STORAGE: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD €45
    GPU: KFA2 GeForce GTX 970 €250
    CASE: Thermaltake Core V21 €70
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA Gs 650W 80+ Modular €83

All from Mindfactory bar the case, total: €828 incl. shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

G28Br wrote: »
    About to pull the trigger on this build, any comments before I do?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 €197
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 €55
    RAM: G. Skill Aegis DDR4-2400 (1x8GB) €30
    STORAGE: 250GB SSD Samsung 750 Evo €68
    STORAGE: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD €45
    GPU: KFA2 GeForce GTX 970 €250
    CASE: Thermaltake Core V21 €70
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA Gs 650W 80+ Modular €83

All from Mindfactory bar the case, total: €828 incl. shipping

I'd wait a week to see how the GTX 1060 shapes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Advertisement