Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photography GPS Geosetter

Options
  • 21-06-2016 10:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I use Geosetter which is a freeware tool for Windows (XP or higher) for showing and changing geo data and other metadata (IPTC/XMP/Exif) of image files (e.g. images . http://www.geosetter.de/en/

I am having difficulty stamping the photo with the co-ordinate details. I would appreciate some help!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

moved from helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I use GeoSetter all the time, what is it you're specifically having a problem with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Alun wrote: »
    I use GeoSetter all the time, what is it you're specifically having a problem with?

I am unable to have the photo imprinted like the sample which I have included here. (screenshot). This photo was imprinted using a trial version of Geodot + core.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

4ensic15 wrote: »
    I am unable to have the photo imprinted like the sample which I have included here. (screenshot). This photo was imprinted using a trial version of Geodot + core.
    That's not what Geosetter is designed for as far as I know.

It's a tool to create / edit geotagging data embedded in the photo's embedded EXIF data either manually from a map or geonames database, or by synchronizing with GPX track files (from another source) based on time taken.

For example, I use it to tag photos I've taken on hikes by making sure the camera's time is set correctly and then merging with the track file downloaded from my GPS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Alun wrote: »
    That's not what Geosetter is designed for as far as I know.

It's a tool to create / edit geotagging data embedded in the photo's embedded EXIF data either manually from a map or geonames database, or by synchronizing with GPX track files (from another source) based on time taken.

For example, I use it to tag photos I've taken on hikes by making sure the camera's time is set correctly and then merging with the track file downloaded from my GPS.

Thanks for that - saves me time and energy trying to figure it out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement