Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwearing, waterproof, shoes/boots for the office

Options
  • 22-06-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been looking for some time for the above item. I bought a pair of Karrimor boots that match the description last year, however they have been discontinued unfortunately and I have nearly worn them out.

I walk a good bit during the day to catch the bus - hence the hardwearing / waterproof requirement, but work in an office with shirt/tie/slacks.

I have looked in Echo but the styles are a bit meh.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Chelsea Boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

I've never heard of waterproof shoes except rainboots before. Maybe try checking out stores online or outdoors stores to see if they have anything you could get away with in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Good leather shoes that are well polished should do you. You'll need to polish them constantly to create a protective wax, use a proper wax like Saphir.

It depends though. If you mean solid walking for an hour in lashing rain, then there's not much you can do. You could have a pair of shoes that you keep in the office, then when it's a bad morning you just wear rainproof walking boots (like you'd get in Regatta) or wellies then change in the office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 NeonDemon

Doc Martens 1460

Dont get chelseas. Dont be a basic b.

Advertisement