Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for College

Options
  • 21-06-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,
    Thanks in advance for any useful assistance you can provide.

Budget: 300 - 550

Intended Use: Programming and Development, Writing reports, research and general use.

Mobility: Very portable for lectures, library, etc.

OS: Will probably settle for Win10 but may just set it to dual boot, so a decent HDD or Primary SSD and secondary HDD.

CPU: A quad-core preferably, I'm wondering if for my uses, would an i3 suffice and I'm wondering about the generational differences for i-series processors.

Memory: I would prefer 6+GB of DDR3 ram tbh.

I'm scouring the usual sites looking for good deals, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You may need to up your budget to get the specs you require. I think a 14" screen could be of benefit to you when coding, and a higher resolution (1080p) screen. Again, getting such spec in a cheaper machine is difficult so compromises may have to be made.

Advertisement