Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for first time

Options
  • 21-06-2016 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys,
    I am 17 and am looking for insurance. I need something cheap so i can pay it. Anyone know where it is possible to get insured easy and I won't have problems in contacting them.

Thanks A million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

have you a full licence, is it your own car or as a named driver, what type car, there are a hundred different things that factor cheap insurance although for first timers, there is rarely cheap insurance available. Basically you need to start phoning around as many insurance companies as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭RedDeadMarshal

Phone around. It will all depend where you live etc. A lot of factors will be taken into consideration. At 17 there will be no way of getting around the "black box". I got quotes around €3000 for cars that are 1.0/1.2 litre and the only cover available is with the "black box" where they monitor your speed aswell. If you're a country lad in the middle of nowhere or in a small village in the country then it could be cheaper than the quotes I'm getting. I live in Dublin so maybe that's why only one insurance company will insure me at 17 and the rest just tell me that they can't offer me a quote at that age based on my details and I'm not in an area where cars get robbed. I'm in a nice quiet area where there are no car thefts/burglaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Cheap and 17 will not go together. Generally the only way will be for you to be a named driver on a parents car, and Until you get a full licence it's still going to cost you.

It will be thousands for your own policy even with a full licence, And thats if anyone will even quote you.

Advertisement