Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beekeeping Courses

Options
  • 21-06-2016 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi guys

I've gained an interest in beekeeping in the last year or so, and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of courses for beginners that are run, preferably in the south-east?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

dreoilin wrote: »
    Hi guys

I've gained an interest in beekeeping in the last year or so, and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of courses for beginners that are run, preferably in the south-east?

Thanks!

I think most (all?) of the association beginner courses for this year are probably over by now. They usually run early in the year.

The federation of beekeeping associations (FIBKA) run a beginners course at their annual beekeeping summer school at the end of July though.

The week long summer school is a great place to meet other beekeepers and suppliers and listen in on some interesting lectures too but they run a complete beginners course from the Monday to the Friday.

http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/index.php/gormanston

Either way, the Federation website is the place to find information about your local beekeeping associations if you want to check them out and see when their courses come around again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dreoilin

Thanks, brianmc!

Seems like there's so much to getting started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Our local BKA has beginners out at the association's apiary to get their hands into hives (and some of the bees there are really aggressive!), so perhaps your local BKA has something similar running now too. Click on the red dots here.

Advertisement