Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics dropping to ordinary level

Options
  • 21-06-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

I've been doing higher level economics for the last two years with mixed results. Some tests I'd do would be great getting around 70-80% and then some would be awful (I got 48% in the mocks) so I'm just wondering is it worth sticking with higher and struggling through the exam to maybe get a high c or a low b or would it be wiser to just do ordinary? And is there a big gap between the two levels? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

nerobert wrote: »
    I've been doing higher level economics for the last two years with mixed results. Some tests I'd do would be great getting around 70-80% and then some would be awful (I got 48% in the mocks) so I'm just wondering is it worth sticking with higher and struggling through the exam to maybe get a high c or a low b or would it be wiser to just do ordinary? And is there a big gap between the two levels? Thanks.

At this stage, there's no point dropping to OL. You passed the mock at HL and have more than likely improved your grade to be able to get an honours in the subject.

You've been following the HL syllabus for the last two years I presume and you have also been doing HL papers for the last few months. You'll be unfamiliar as of what the paper may look like and what you need to know.

You're probably just having last minute nerves since the exam is soon. Just relax, you passed the HL mock and you will do fine in your exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Revise microeconomics, as in go through the first half of the book, will easily get you enough for a B, and only takes around two hours.

Advertisement