Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice shaving cream.

Options
  • 21-06-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new shaving cream. I like the Palmolive cream that comes in the tube. Looking for something like this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Proraso is really good stuff.

http://www.shaving.ie/shaving-cream/?sort=priceasc&page=1

You could probably experiment yourself with what's available in the supermarkets by looking out for Palmolive, Tabac (Boots), King of Shaves, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

I tried the Taylor of Old Bond st. brand shaving cream. Seemed good, nice scent etc. and worth trying out. I prefer shaving soap however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Cyril Salter creams are top notch.

You're really not limited to a small choice with shave creams. Have a look for a scent you would like and maybe then ask here if the particular cream is any good. I'm sure between those of use here we will have tried a large variety of creams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

How much do you want to pay? Palmolive is very nice and is very cheap. But there are better ones out there. One of my go-to creams is Taylor Grapefruit. The Taylor Sandalwood is lovely too but I do prefer the T&F Sandalwood - a lot more expensive though.

For more of a budget purchase the Proraso creams are decent. I've only used the green one but it is very good. Another one I do like (but not cheap) is the GFT Coconut. I have both the GFT and ToBS coconut - both are nice but the GFT is an incredibly better shave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

If you're in Dublin Knights have two shops - Stephens Green centre and Dundrum. I haven't been to Dundrum but in the Green you can go in and talk to the barbers and have a sniff of the creams. They know their stuff too and are more than happy to talk about the stuff they sell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement