Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fascia and Soffit

Options
  • 21-06-2016 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyone in the town, good, reliable, insured etc who does Fascia and Soffit replacement and will actually want to do the job?

So far we have had

Con Hennessey - came, said he get back with quote, never happened
    Larry Farrell - told me a time he would come up, never heard from him again
    South East Fascia and Soffit - Said they would be up, never heard from again
    UPVC guy in Dungarvan - Never returned phone call left with his receptionist
    Byrne and Byrne - Came up, looked, said they call with quote, never happened

I think thats all of them, though I could be missing one or two!

Anyone out there left to call?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

I got Acorn. They are based in Wexford but do a lot of work in Waterford.

They did a good job on my place and the price was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Is there anyone in the town, good, reliable, insured etc who does Fascia and Soffit replacement and will actually want to do the job?

So far we have had

Would you not just call them back? There more or less trades men a call back won't do any harm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭iseegirls

So far we have had

Pretty awful customer service it looks. No recession around here anymore. Some of the quotes we've gotten to do painting recently were ridiculous. The usual lines of 'we're busy', 'we'll try squeeze you in but can't guarantee', 'everyone is getting it done at the same time' rubbish. We rejected one guy, and he came back to us a few minutes later and dropped his price by €500.

Anyway, hope your search goes ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Would you not just call them back? There more or less trades men a call back won't do any harm

No, call me a bit too uptight or whatever, but once I call a tradesman, and he says he will be up or worse, comes up but doesn't bother actually getting back to me with a quote I don't see why I should chase them to give them my money.

I am a bit of a stickler for not rewarding ****e service, I have guys I use for electrical, plumbing etc and I won't go away from them because they have been good workers, reliable and fair.

If the lads I have called don't need my business then so be it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JustinCase1

I found this guy recently on tradesmen. He replaced gutters and installed fascia boards and soffit panels around the roof and kitchen extension. Got him to install rainwater tank for my back garden as well.Fairly cheap comparing to others. I know he is based in South Dublin..I live in Athy, so I don't think there will be a problem getting him over to Wexford. Call him, see what he says. 01 557-6061 pgrservice.ie His name is Rafael. Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement