Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 49DV Engineer Code

Options
  • 20-06-2016 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your help here in the past, successfully changed battery in Astec 49DV with your helpful advice. I'm now trying to find the engineers code - alarm was installed about 8 years ago and the company no longer seems to exist and their phone no. is out of service. I don't want to name them here.
    I've tried the default codes but they have been changed. Is there any other way to get into the engineers side, or what will an engineer do if I get one to access the back end?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could try a factory default by powering down the panel.
    Remove mains fuse and battery link.
    Remove factory link & power up.
    If the panel is defaulted it will disarm with factory code 4711
    Clear 1174 will then get you into engineer mode.
    Failing that you will need an engineer to reset 7 reprogramme the panel for you.
    Unfortunately we can no longer give you any help here with engineer codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Thanks KoolKid,
    If I can't access engineer mode with the factory default, will the alarm still work? Don't want to try this and have to call an engineer, money is tight, so might have to wait a bit if that's the case. No immediate issues though, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

bravo wrote: »
    Thanks KoolKid,
    If I can't access engineer mode with the factory default, will the alarm still work? Don't want to try this and have to call an engineer, money is tight, so might have to wait a bit if that's the case. No immediate issues though, fingers crossed!

If the system is locked it wont default.
    All the settings will remain the same.
    Only thing you will have to do is change the time.

Advertisement