Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a new laptop

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The T420 is older than 3 years... it probably could be fixed for not much outlay, and would most likely be a DIY job if you were up to it. No harm trying to apply some CPU paste to your CPU as that is most likely the problem.

As for your list of machines. They're all very cheap low end machines that would be more like netbooks of old. They're fine for basic use, but have cheap components, are made of cheap plastic and wouldn't be the most hard wearing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

The T420 is older than 3 years... it probably could be fixed for not much outlay, and would most likely be a DIY job if you were up to it. No harm trying to apply some CPU paste to your CPU as that is most likely the problem.

As for your list of machines. They're all very cheap low end machines that would be more like netbooks of old. They're fine for basic use, but have cheap components, are made of cheap plastic and wouldn't be the most hard wearing things.
    Oh yeah it is, I just meant I got it three years ago, sorry.

I wouldn't have a notion of taking it apart and applying CPU paste to be honest. I know nothing about laptops or taking them apart, etc. I wouldn't chance it because knowing me I'd get it apart and I wouldn't get it back together again. :D:o

Thanks for your opinion, do you have any suggestions for laptops? I'm open to all suggestions.:)

Advertisement