Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet Price

Options
  • 20-06-2016 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

I've tried online to find prices for carpets and finding it impossible. Has anyone any experience with say 200sq ft being laid in their house, we'd be doing 3 bedrooms, landing and stairs. I know it depends on quality but size is roughly 200sq ft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭tenbob1

Santy2015 wrote: »
    I've tried online to find prices for carpets and finding it impossible. Has anyone any experience with say 200sq ft being laid in their house, we'd be doing 3 bedrooms, landing and stairs. I know it depends on quality but size is roughly 200sq ft

Hi Santy2015.

Your size looks wrong to me, 200sqft would be the size of one room. You are completely correct, the price is heavily dependent on the quality. If you need someone to give you some advise, fire me a PM and ill pass on my store's number to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

tenbob1 wrote: »
    Hi Santy2015.

Your size looks wrong to me, 200sqft would be the size of one room. You are completely correct, the price is heavily dependent on the quality. If you need someone to give you some advise, fire me a PM and ill pass on my store's number to you.

It's a 1100sq foot house, all of down stairs is tiled and floored with the two bathrooms up stairs also tiled. It's it's probably a bit more then what I said. Bedrooms wouldn't be massive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I got exactly this size house done recently. Paid about €1700 including getting it laid. That was a little below average price we found.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Tefral

Is the Op confusing Feet with Metres?

cronin_j wrote: »
    Is the Op confusing Feet with Metres?

No I've been going by sq feet, my house is only 100sq metres. It's a semi d 3 bed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

One 14ft x 14ft bedroom is almost 200sq ft

Where you based OP?

cronin_j wrote: »
    Where you based OP?

Kanturk, I know by the plans the rooms aren't 14x14 they'd be a bit smaller I had a quick measure yesterday and it was approx 450ft sq. small box room small double and it's an average sized master bedroom.

Kanturk, I know by the plans the rooms aren't 14x14 they'd be a bit smaller I had a quick measure yesterday and it was approx 450ft sq. small box room small double and it's an average sized master bedroom.

Id ring tower carpets in limerick and ask for Tony Grant. He supplies most of the carpet in Munster in the Construction industry. Budget around €35/m2 excluding underlay for supply and fit for generic enough but not complete crap carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

You should try O'flynn & Tobin in nearby Newmarket good quality carpet & fitting service. Have used them a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

It's a 1100sq foot house, all of down stairs is tiled and floored with the two bathrooms up stairs also tiled. It's it's probably a bit more then what I said. Bedrooms wouldn't be massive

Recently (bout 6 weeks ago) did the same in a similar sized house. Did so much to house I can't remember the sq metres it was but assume roughly similar dimenations.

Did stairs, landing, 3 bedrooms. Paid €1,825 in total including fitting. Was good quality carpet, we found the cheaper carpets had the underlay already on the carpet and just didn't have the same quality feel. I feel that the underlay makes a huge difference.

We were going to go cheap carpet in the box room and second bedroom as less traffic in there but for the couple hundred you would save we felt it wasn't worth it in the long run.

Would advise budgeting a good €2k and hope to come in under. We were originally quoted €2,050 so don't be afraid to haggle.

We've decided that we won't be putting in carpet in the 3 bedrooms, going with laminated floor for the master bedroom with good underly. We will go for carpet for the landing and stairs. We've got 3 quotes on 3 different prices per yard. Most expensive yardage one was the cheapest overall €415 the cheapest per yard was the most expensive €571 and the other one was €519 all fitted for those prices. The difference being the cost of the fitting. Even the €415 was a slight over estimate as it was to make sure we had enough. Problem is herself like the €571 carpet a bit more then the €415. The head is wrecked. I like both and obviously want the cheapest option haha

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Personally if it is for the stairs/landing I would go for the better quality carpet - there will be alot of traffic and the better quality the longer it should last. Better option in the long term IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭cocoa123

Santy2015, €571, 519 and 415 - were those prices including fitting? Did you pay for fitting separately?

cocoa123 wrote: »
    Santy2015, €571, 519 and 415 - were those prices including fitting? Did you pay for fitting separately?

Went with o Flynn and Tobin in Newmarket after. I paid €300 for stairs and landing including fittting. Good quality carpet too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭cocoa123

I need to do stairs of 28 steps long in total and two tiny landings in the middle. Spoken today with TC Matthews Carpets, they quoted this work as 1,000. Sounds lunatic price to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

TC Mathews - Wow thats dear enough.... Im based in North Dublin. Have about 800 sq ft to do + stairs. Any recommendations?

Advertisement