Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating Irish Men

Options
  • 20-06-2016 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Here's my dilemma. I'm Irish but I lived abroad for a long time. Now I'm back in Ireland I've been doing the online dating thing for a while. I've been on a good few dates but TBH I find it very understand what Irish men are looking for or to even know if they're interested. A lot of them are shy, which is fine, but I never know if the mixed messages are due to shyness or lack of interest. I'm kind, funny, smart and very easy to get on with so I'm at a loss. In other countries I had no problem working out if a man was interested or not. It's so frustrating because I'm a genuine person looking for a loving relationship but maybe what I've come to expect and what Irish men want are very different?
    Lads what the heck are ya looking for??!!
    Ladies any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

It's not that Irish men don't want the same things as men from any other country.
    But they are conditioned to be passive.

If you want something from a man, be direct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CarrieKate

Thanks BoJack. Yes I'm aware of the passive thing and it's a real shame because the guys I've dated all have something to offer but I don't think they can see it and when I compliment them or show kindness I think they think I'm fake or that I couldn't possibly mean it. I have been direct as I believe that's always the best course of action. If I like someone, they'll know it but maybe that's a bit intimidating to some guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

There's actually an online dating thread elsewhere which I think would be a far more suitable location for your query so I suggest you post this there instead. Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement