Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supply Chain Education

Options
  • 20-06-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi All,

I would like to ask for an advice. I am looking to get into Supply Chain Management career and I can't decide which way to go and what course to do.

Can anybody suggest any ideally part-time course that is widely accepted by the employers out there and would help me? I have several years of purchasing experience but I would like the academic education to back it up?

Anybody has any feedback about APICS or IIPMM courses?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dukefalcon000

Fermi wrote: »
    Hi All,

I would like to ask for an advice. I am looking to get into Supply Chain Management career and I can't decide which way to go and what course to do.

Can anybody suggest any ideally part-time course that is widely accepted by the employers out there and would help me? I have several years of purchasing experience but I would like the academic education to back it up?

Anybody has any feedback about APICS or IIPMM courses?

Thanks a lot.

Hey any update on this?

Did you decide to proceed with either APICS or IIPMM?

Looking at APICS myself

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Hey any update on this?

Did you decide to proceed with either APICS or IIPMM?

Looking at APICS myself

I went for IIPMM at the end, doing a Level 7 course, third year. I was considering both but a great advantage for me is that IIPMM has lectures either in Dublin or Cork. If you are doing APICS, you need to study all yourself...

I went for IIPMM at the end, doing a Level 7 course, third year. I was considering both but a great advantage for me is that IIPMM has lectures either in Dublin or Cork. If you are doing APICS, you need to study all yourself...

Congrats! I found APICS lectures in Galway I might proceed with that.. best wishes with graduating!

Congrats! I found APICS lectures in Galway I might proceed with that.. best wishes with graduating!

That is a good information to have, where can you do lectures for APICS in Galway? I might do APICS certification when I get bored.. :)

That is a good information to have, where can you do lectures for APICS in Galway? I might do APICS certification when I get bored.. :)

Western Management Centre, Dangan. http://www.wmcgalway.com/menu.asp?menu=107

• Advertisement

Western Management Centre, Dangan. http://www.wmcgalway.com/menu.asp?menu=107

Interesting, what level are you starting at?

Interesting, what level are you starting at?

I have a level 7 degree in Supply Chain & Logistics, market seems too competitive now to just hold a degree hence looking at going back :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25 TheSunRise

sorry guys to drag this up

What you recommend for someone with finance degree with no experience in supply chain

Will i go straight to do Master in Supply Chain Management or better to go for H Diploma first then go for master

Advertisement