Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agri Machinery Hire

Options
  • 19-06-2016 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys , anybody know if there is anywhere in south Leinster that would hire me a few bits of machinery...things like a double bale handler , haybob maybe a cow box or weed wiper...things like that .
    I know "Hire Agri" in Tipperary has a few bits but they are just too far from me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Best option are to use contractors . They are efficient and you won't meet a rich one .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Beefpark

Yeah I use contractors a good bit , but a lot of the smaller jobs I could well handle just can't justify buying all the machinery.
    Few bits I might only use a couple of days in a year .

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

What would the cost of getting someone to weedlick approx 50 acres? Trying to justify buying a weedlicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

TPF2012 wrote:
    What would the cost of getting someone to weedlick approx 50 acres? Trying to justify buying a weedlicker.

Taking time into account, better option to spray be it with your own or a contractor. Plus side if it was a contractor you'd be dealing with the nasty chemicals.

Is there a contractor out there with a weedlicker ? I could never find one, but some Agri dealers in the west hire them cheap enough.
    Spraying would cost about 10/12 an acre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Do you mind me asking which part of Leinster you are in ?? I might know someone

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking which part of Leinster you are in ?? I might know someone

Wexford /Wicklow border

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Ahh right. I'm of no use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Beefpark wrote: »
    Yeah I use contractors a good bit , but a lot of the smaller jobs I could well handle just can't justify buying all the machinery.
    Few bits I might only use a couple of days in a year .
    Hunt around auctions and done deal and you'll pick up these sort of things for smallish money, upgrade as you can. You don't need the shiniest just make sure it works.

Of course your right Miname ..just some of these bits I'd only need an odd time and thought it would be handy if I could just hire them for 50 quid for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Was on look out to buy a jd 78 or7710 .but has to be recommended to me with low hour .any one know where .? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

kerry cow wrote: »
    Was on look out to buy a jd 78 or7710 .but has to be recommended to me with low hour .any one know where .? Thanks

Top shaft on link arms can give trouble if not retrofitted with grease nipples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Beefpark wrote: »
    Hi guys , anybody know if there is anywhere in south Leinster that would hire me a few bits of machinery...things like a double bale handler , haybob maybe a cow box or weed wiper...things like that .
    I know "Hire Agri" in Tipperary has a few bits but they are just too far from me.

I often thought there was an opening for a business such as this, now that machinery has got so expensive.
    Then i think of H+S, insurance and every other quango that cuts the legs from under small businesses and decide maybe not

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭MF290

rangler1 wrote: »
    I often thought there was an opening for a business such as this, now that machinery has got so expensive.
    Then i think of H+S, insurance and every other quango that cuts the legs from under small businesses and decide maybe not

A neighbour of ours used to hire out post drivers until h&s put an end to it with lads squashing their hands

You would need good insurance alright .
    Lots of places hire and odd machine, but nowhere has a comprehensive range

Advertisement