Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenght of time to give for RSVP for wedding

Options
  • 19-06-2016 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭

How long should you give guests to RSVP for a wedding?

We are very restrcted in relation to numbers and have been strong armed into inviting people who may not come with the hope we can ask people we actually would like to attend.

With that in mind how long should we give guests to RSVP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I think as long as ye want... There is no right and wrong we sent invites out nearly 3 mnths in advance and asked for rvps as soon as possible or by a month before the wedding date..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I was hoping to get a reply 3 months are more before the wedding. We are organising it form abroad and if people aren't coming we will need to give the out of Ireland new guests some time to book flgihts etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We got 2 cancellations and a No a day before our wedding both of who knew for some weeks that they were not going to go. Also got the last Yes's close to the date. Understand that it is not an important event for many of your guests at this point so will be unable to have firm plans 3-4 months away.

I get that it's not that important to some, although the feckin drama of having to up from 40-80 people because they wanted to come should mean they get back sooner.

I would like to get the invites out 8 months (people fling from Aus/Canada/SA)before the wedding and give 4 months to rsvp mentioning that such a period was needed as people wpuld be travelign from all over. Then 4 months out give a call to the ones who havent rsvp'd?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Do whatever suits you. Calling people sounds reasonable.

I would also say you should be inviting who you want rather than being strong armed but that is another conversation.

• Advertisement

I feel the same but months of emotional black mail of the OH was the cause. It has begun a life long hatred of some people but reinforced why we left that crazy little island.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well if you want to know sooner then just do that. There is no rights and wrongs... There will be a little bit of chasing up with people, and the ones you will have to chase will be surprising (you would not have thought they would be the ones) so be prepared to contact people yerselfs...

Jude13 wrote: »
    but reinforced why we left that crazy little island.

Ireland? ??? ;)

Advertisement