Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sheppards Auction

Options
  • 19-06-2016 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,426 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.sheppards.ie/catalogue/35

Some nice expensive cars here for auction at Coolattin House, Shillelagh, Co Wicklow on June 28-29.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,967 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice looking cars but the prices are in cloud cuckoo land. €70k for a TVR Griffith (10 years in Ireland) that hasn't had a valid NCT for many years? Don't make me laugh. These go in the UK for about £15k-£25k with test...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

I agree...silly estimates...with the exception of the Fordson P6 tractor..it seems undervalued for a restored example on an original 'ZR' Wexford plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

I might go to that auction just to laugh at the prices!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Silvera wrote: »
    I agree...silly estimates...with the exception of the Fordson P6 tractor..it seems undervalued for a restored example on an original 'ZR' Wexford plate.

I thought the same. It'd be a steal at that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

I like the 928 especially because it's manual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,967 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sure, manuals are a lot rarer. Again, the estimate is completely over the top though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Check Brightwells classic car auctions for up to date prices in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

And 20% commission plus VAT on the commission! To be honest the estimates
    On everything in the auction are very optimistic , the cars seem good but time will tell I suppose if they reach anything near the guide prices

Did anybody hear of the results of the auction after? Couldn't make it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Silvera wrote: »

Looks like it was a typo. Gone to 10,000 to 15,000 now :pac:

http://www.sheppards.ie/lot/fordson-p6-vintage-tractor-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pudsey64

68deville wrote: »
    Did anybody hear of the results of the auction after? Couldn't make it myself

According to the Irish Times auction results, none of them sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

Pudsey64 wrote: »
    According to the Irish Times auction results, none of them sold.

Not surprising given the silly estimates / reserves :rolleyes:

Think the 928 and another couple of cars were owned by a local lad so he hadn't got far to at least!

Advertisement