Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving From Mock Results?

Options
  • 18-06-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Do people normally improve from their mock results in the real LC? Like could I actually have done better in the leaving cert than I currently think I have? I got 435 in mocks and I've been studying all year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Ufc2016 wrote: »
    Do people normally improve from their mock results in the real LC? Like could I actually have done better in the leaving cert than I currently think I have? I got 435 in mocks and I've been studying all year.

So far I've been doing far better, got 500 in the mocks. Most people go up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

About 10 % improvement is realistic. That's pretty much what I did and was studying pretty consistently all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

I did worse in the mocks last year and I'm hoping it's the same again this year(got around 300 points and improved to 450)! In most cases teachers haven't finished the course by February, already limiting your potential score in the mock where you may be forced to do questions you wouldn't necessarily choose to answer on the day of the LC (where there is an option). Your overall knowledge of the subject should have improved since then along with your understanding of how questions are asked meaning it's very likely you'll do better in the LC! There's a reason they say the mocks are harder and it has nothing to do with what's in the exam papers but with your inexperience going into the mock exam. Given you've worked hard all year there's absolutely no reason you won't improve on your mock. All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ConorDon97

All of my teachers say you improve, even though I feel my mocks were corrected generously for the most part..

Advertisement