Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant about Bindweed ugh.

Options
  • 18-06-2016 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭

I was away for eight, yes eight days, and when I came back the lavendar bush is absolutely choked with this yoke.

I normally keep it under control by just pulling it out every few days, but this is an INVASION!

Glad I got that off me chest. Hate it with a passion. Whew.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Same. Lot of convolvulus in the front garden. Discussion on controlling it here, though I usually just pull it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

chat recently on here about it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99277757

It takes time to get rid of it and a concentrated continued effort over a year or so, as it can grow back from the smallest bit of root and its roots go everywhere v quickly. If it comes in from the neighbours all you can do is have perimeter defenses :p

try to paint the undiluted roundup on it or a very strong mix, not spray :D:D

Advertisement